Flag Counter

header ads

ASIAN GAMES 2006 : BADMINTON : REXY MAINAKY EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH DOUBLES PLAYERS


ASIAN GAMES 2006 : BADMINTON : REXY MAINAKY EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH DOUBLES PLAYERS


National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky ( above ) was so disappointed with his charges’ performances when they lost the semifinal tie 1-3 to South Korea that he threatened to quit. Blame Koo Kien Keat ( below left ), Tan Boon Heong ( below right ), Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari and Lin Woon Fui, but credit has to go to national chief coach Yap Kim Hock and National Sports Council ( NSC ) director general Datuk Dr Ramlan Aziz for being good at the art of “pujuk rayu.”

So guys, there’s no use arguing with Rexy. He’s the former world no.1, World and Olympic champion. He knows what he’s talking about.

What he said has been repeated over and over again over the years by previous coaches, and is applicable to everybody, even you and me, in our daily lives, but when will we ever learn???

There was no fighting spirit. [and we have all witnessed Rexy's fighting spirit when he was a player]

The players did not follow my instructions. They already think they are good enough. If this is the case, what is the point in having me as their coach. [ck ck ck]

I have faith in the players 200% but I have to ask them whether they feel the same about me

I have never felt so let down in my career as a player and a coach. [and that's saying something!]

We spent a lot on analysis and studying players. But when it comes to the real match, what is taught is not adhered to. I have been in Malaysia for one year and three months and it’s no use for me to stay on if the players do not believe in me.

Post a Comment

0 Comments